Monday, April 26, 2010

What's for Dinner?

I was talking to my coworker Karen the other day and I found out that she's never made a soup before in her life! I couldn't believe it! To me, soups are one of the easiest and most satisfying meals to make. The ingredients are usually simple and hard to mess up. Plus, they're light in calories too; as long as its not cream based of course! So, if any of you out there are like Karen, give this soup recipe a try! What's the worst that could happen? =D

This soup is quick, easy, cheap and oh so yummy! The recipe is from Gina at Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes. She's got some amazing recipes on her site, all the ones I've tried have been delicious! The soup is called Spinach Straciatella Soup with Orzo. It caught by eye because a) I love spinach b) mmm orzo! and c) it sounds Italian! lol Here's how mine turned out:
Simmering in the pot
Paired with Ritz of course!
And for dessert.... Strawberries with Cool Whip! I put them in our wedding champagne flutes =)
My presentation and layers aren't as nice as Gina's here, but that's a-okay! It still tasted great! In case you missed it before, the soup recipe can be found here.
What did you have for dinner?
From my kitchen to yours,

3 comments:

  1. I love potato soups. I had the best potato soup a week ago at a new restaurant I found. Now I just can't get enough potatos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never cooked soup? Wow. We have soup a couple of times a week, esp. in the cold season. Why? * Easy to prepare * Few dishes * Kids can help * Easy to freeze leftovers *Healthy, hearty, happy :-)

    ReplyDelete