Thursday, April 23, 2009

My first blog!

Hi! I haven't had a blot since livejournal was popular in high school. This was before Myspace and Facebook sucked up my online time =-) I decided to start this blog mainly for my crochet and other crafty projects. I love how others on Ravelry discuss the projects they're working on, post pictures, discuss their progress, etc. I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of time to keep this updated (with school, work, and actual crochet time) but I'll certainly try!

Right now I'm currently working on making a baby dress (blossoming beauty sundress by LisaNaskrent) for Linda. She will be having a baby girl, Olivia, any day now! Her due date is in a week. I've already given her a shower present (white dress, purple booties, and hat as shown on my ravelry account) but this pattern was way too cute to pass by! This is my first time working with crochet thread as opposed to yarn. It's definitely more tedious. I feel like I need to focus more on what I'm doing and can't whip out the stitches as fast. But I'm sure that will come with time... I love how it's looking so far, too cute!!
I've also had some friends asking for some of my hats. I will probably start on those this week.

Saturday is the pit-fire at the beach with my ceramics class! I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't decided what food to bring for the pot-luck yet. I am a little bit disappointed that I only had one piece (and its only a tiny bowl) done in time. I made this really neat looking genie bottle that I wanted to use at the pit fire, but it wasn't dry in time for the kiln firing. =-( I'll just save it until next semester's pit firing I guess. I'm glad I signed up for another semester, I've really enjoyed it so far! Maybe I'll post some pictures of my pieces on here when I get ahold of a better camera (using my iphone just doesn't cut it!).

Bye for now!

<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment