Monday, May 11, 2009

Dreadful Monday Morning...

It was just so hard to get up today! The 4 of us; Brandon(my hubby), Izzie (our pug), Misty (our cat) and myself, were all cuddled up in bed when the dreaded alarm clock went off at 6:45. Once again, I slept right through it until 7:40 (have I mentioned that I work at 8!?!). Needless to say, this morning was a bit stressful. It might've been because I was up late crocheting last night :)

I improvised my own design this weekend!! Its a super cute flower headband. I've already made a ton for friends and gifts. I will post the pattern in a seperate blog post if anyone is interested.

Overall it was a pretty good weekend, just too short(as always). Saturday was really fun. Brandon and I took Izzie to the beach for the first time. She loved it!! She didn't care for the waves too much, but she just loved the sand. Her little legs moved so fast as she ran and ran in the sand! She was sound asleep the whole way home. There was a group of tourists from Japan there playing dodgeball and relay races. That was really entertaining to watch.

Sunday, Mother's Day, we had my mom, brother and stepdad over for a breakfast/brunch. Brandon made delicious steaks and eggs in a hole, hashbrowns, and fruit salad. I had a few too many mimosas and slept for a good hour on the couch after they left! I gave my mom a bowl (the one from my previous post), a hat, and a headband. All handmade gifts. I love to be able to make my gifts, I think it's a lot more personal that way. After my nap, we went to my in-laws for dinner. Izzie came along and met their dogs too. My father in law, Jeff, made an amazing dinner! He always goes above and beyond. Last night he made juicy steaks, delicious clams, double stuffed potatoes (to die for!!), artichokes, salad, and his famous garlic bread! Everything was excellent. We got Brandon's mom a digital picture frame that she seemed to really like.

I ended my weekend doing something I love, crocheting as Izzie slept right next to me on the couch.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment